Things To Do In Halls Gap
The changing landscapes of the Grampians offer you more adventures than any other place in Victoria. Nestled into the core of this magnificent location is Halls Gap, a picturesque township brimming with wondrous and jaw dropping vistas. If you’re planning an adventurous getaway or a family outing to Halls Gap, you’re definitely in for a treat since this place has plenty to offer you!
See below for our top 7 things to do in Halls Gap1. Brambuk - National Park & Cultural Centre: Brambuk - The National Park and Cultural Centre is one of the most special highlights of the Grampians. Situated within the township of Halls Gap, it is a natural oasis for Australia's native flora and fauna and Aboriginal culture. Here, you can learn about the national park walking tracks including; Reeds lookout, The Balconies, Boroka Lookout, MacKenzie Falls and The Pinnacle. There’s the ‘Gariwerd Dreaming Theatre’ which tells you about the cultural heritage of the Park, and right outside the theatre, you can enjoy some contemporary food at the Bush Tucker Café.
2. Halls Gap Zoo: The Halls Gap Zoo is one of the largest regional zoos in Victoria housing over 150 species of mammals, birds and reptiles including the meerkats, giraffes, kangaroos, koalas, tasmanian devils, snakes, crocodiles, turtles, ducks, owls and monkeys. At times, you can enjoy close encounters with these animals. Besides, there are also BBQ and Picnic Facilities for having a lip smacking snack inside the zoo.
3. The Gap Vineyard: The Gap Vineyard specialises in Shiraz, Riesling and Cabernet Sauvignon. Situated at five minutes away from Halls Gap, at 4113 Ararat-Halls Gap Road, this wineyard is also known for the local produce it distributes. The Cellar Door remains open from Wednesday to Sunday; 10am to 5pm.
4. Grampians Adventure Golf: This magnificent 18 hole mini golf course is simply a delight for serious mini golf lovers. Enclosing the Grampians with holes such as ‘The Pinnacle’ and ‘The Nerve Test’, the golf course is surrounded by beautiful plants, bridges, streams and waterfalls, which makes it an ultimate place to have fun!
5. Mackenzie Falls: The Mackenzie Falls are the most iconic and majestic falls in the land of the Grampians. As you walk to the base of the falls, you see a spectacular view at the end of this steep trail. Water cascades over huge cliffs ending up into a deep pool, dispersing light into a fine rainbow above a stunning gorge. Alternatively, you can walk upto The Bluff Lookout if you do not want to go to the base. It gives you marvellous views of MacKenzie Falls and the MacKenzie River from high above the gorge.
6. The Venus Baths: The Venus Baths is an easy stroll from the town of Halls Gap; a 2.3km walk via the Stony Creek and the Botanic gardens. It’s the perfect place to splash around, have fun with your kids and cool off in the naturally formed rock pools. You can even use it as a picnic spot and take snacks along to enjoy amidst the peaceful environment.
7. Halls Gap Community Market: Halls Gap boasts a number of natural attractions, and one of them is the Halls Gap Community Market. Perfect for photography lovers as it gives you great opportunities to capture the amusing hustle and bustle of the area. The market features handmade crafts, local foods, homegrown produce, and some surprises. The Market Cafe offers some delicious delights and remains open from 10.00am to 2.00pm.