Halls Gap in the Grampians, Vic – About the Local area
Halls Gap is based in the Grampians Vic and makes an ideal city escape. Surrounded by nature and a wide variety of activities you can be sure to do as much or as little as you like. Our accommodation is ideally located to local amenities and there is plenty of natural beauty to immerse yourself in.
Below is a video which sums up the beauty of the region and is a must to view.
Location: 262 Kms North-West of Melbourne
Approximate Traveling times:
Melbourne 3 hours, Adelaide 5 1/2 hours, Port
Fairy 2 hours, Apollo Bay 4 hours.
From our Halls Gap cottages there are many sights and activities to enjoy, some of our favourite are:
- Explore the scenic drives, lookouts, and waterfalls in the beautiful Grampians National Park. Brambuk – The National Park & Cultural Centre located 2.5 kilometres south of Halls Gap shops is a good starting point for anyone intending to explore the park.
- Explore the park on foot – choose from an extensive network of trails criss-crossing the area. Walks such as Venus Baths, Boronia Peak and Chatauqua start from Halls Gap or you can drive to walks such as MacKenzie Falls, Hollow Mountain and Piccaninny which offer a wonderful variety of vegetation and landscapes.
- View Australian native animals in the wild throughout the Grampians National Park or visit the Halls Gap Zoo on Pomonal Road to see kangaroos, koalas, wombats, emus, giraffes, meerkats, dingos as well as deer and other domestic farm animals in a bushland setting.
- Take the Grampians scenic road through the ranges, past towering Mount Abrupt to the quiet little town of Dunkeld.The ranges are 95 kilometres long and 55 kilometres wide and the road follows a beautiful stretch of the Southern Grampians called the Serra Range
- Visit one of the wineries close to our Halls Gap cottages; The Gap Vineyard on the Ararat Road or Seppelts Winery in Great Western which is 10km East of Stawell are some great options.